[ic] Can't Download Files

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Mon Jun 21 12:21:33 EDT 2004

Robert Kluczynski [rkluczynski at yahoo.com] wrote:
> Can anyone help me with the following problem...we
> would definately appreciate it...we've been struggling with this for
> 2 weeks:
> Issue:
> We are using Interchange 5.2 and have setup a
> softgoods website.  All of the sample softgoods
> download fine when a user selects the "download"
> button.  All new items that we add to the catalog will
> NOT download...when we select the "download button, we get the
> following error
>  HTTP 404 - File not found Internet Explorer

You may want to check out these:

I don't know how many people use the IC default downloads method, so your
assistance may be limited. It used to be that using IC, and the deliver tag,
would use interchange to deliver the file, entirely. This can be problematic
(although I don;t know if this was overcome with 5.0, maybe with
mod_interchange?). I, like probably other used the [enable-download] method
courtesy of Mike Heins.

Otherwise, we would need to know what you put into the respective download
fields in products table, and other information in which someone could point
out an error.

A link to the site could help as well.