[ic] ./configure problems?

Daniel Davenport ddavenport at newagedigital.com
Tue Jun 22 21:16:48 EDT 2004

the second is the group that owns the file.  it's one of three groups of
people whose access can normally be set...the "user", the "group", and
"other" (everybody else).

anyway....

makecat should be run as root.  interchange shouldn't.
the log file(s) should be writable by interch.   mode 644 should be fine in
most cases, though if you're extremely paranoid you might be able to get
away with 200.

chown interch.root *.log
chmod a-wx,u+w *.log

of course, installing interchange correctly should have set the permissions
for you; the fact that you have to do this stuff indicates to me that the
install is incomplete, and should probably be redone.