[ic] ready to pay for Interchange::Link help

Grant emailgrant123b at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 14:56:18 EDT 2004

http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=icfaq05%2e02

> [...]
> >>Database?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Mark
> >

> > I used the 5.2 tarball on Gentoo Linux.  My perl
> is
> > 5.8.2-r1 (threads disabled), and I plan to end up
> on
> > mySQL when I'm done but I've been specifying the
> > default DB in makecat.
> >
> > I downloaded the tarball from ftp.icdevgroup.org
> > directly to my server, untared it, ran ./configure
> > which didn't seem to finish, installed
> > Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink, ran ./configure
> again
> > which didn't seem to finish again, ran makecat
> many
> > times until I got to what I think was almost the
> end,
> > moved the interchange.cfg.dist file to act as my
> > interchange.cfg, manually compiled the tlink and
> vlink
> > files, moved my vlink file to my cgi-bin, and
> followed
> > the instructions for changing the ownerships of
> the
> > vlink file.  I might be missing something or
> stating
> > something incorrectly, but that's pretty close.  I
> can
> > now start the IC server with a PID and no errors
> in
> > the error.log, but I get the IC server unavailable
> > message.  Thanks for reading!
> >
> > - Grant
>
> Ok...What you mean want to do is install the other
> perl modules which I
> believe are the kitchen sink bunch. ( you can find
> the references is the
> readme file that came with the tarball. ) Once those
> are installed I
> would recommend starting from scratch with the
> install. What that
> involves is removing the /usr/local/interchange
> directory and everything
> in it. That will effectively uninstall interchange
> from your machine.
>
> Next, start the install all over again and this time
> specify MySQL
> during the installation if that is the db you plan
> to use with IC. Its
> far less trouble to do that during the install and
> have it ready to go
> when the IC is done installing, then to convert IC
> to use MySQL after
> you've got things going.
>
> During the install you'll be asked about your
> webserver and IC's
> directory where you're going to install the link for
> the cart. The
> easiest way to handle this is simply to place the
> excutable in
> /var/www/cgi-bin and have the IC's folder placed in
> /var/www/html/your_store_name.
>
> Everything else is pretty much straightforward,
> although going through
> it the first time can be somewhat confusing if
> you're not familiar with
> webserver's and how they and their filesystems

Mark - Thank you!  I deleted /usr/local/interchange,
ran ./configure (it completed successfully this time),
and ran ./makecat, and now I'm looking at Foundation.
I couldn't get mySQL to work, but that must be because
I've only installed it and not configured it at all.
I'll work on that next.

Thanks for everyone's help!

- Grant