[ic] modify search to ignore hyphens - how to use [filter word]

Eric Small interchange at ericsmall.com
Thu Jun 24 09:05:19 EDT 2004

DB wrote:

> Ok after more reading I've just discovered the [filter word] tag and
> that looks like it does what just I want! How would I execute that
> filter on the mv_searchspec variable prior to running the search in the
> above form?

I've done something like this by using a search profile.  Something like
this should work.

[set mysearch_profile]
   fi=products
   st=text
   ml=25
   so=category
   se=[filter word [cgi searchparam]]
   op=rm
   cs=no
   su=yes
[/set]

Then use a form like this:

<form action="[area search]">
   <INPUT type="hidden" name="mv_search_page"
value="your_search_results_page">
   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="mv_profile" VALUE="mysearch_profile">
   <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=searchparam type=text size=10>
   <input type="image" alt="Search Go" border="0"
src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__go.gif">
</form>

The search profile can also be set up in the catalog.cfg

Hope this helps,
Eric Small
--
Interchange 5.2.0 / Debian 3.0 Stable / PostgreSQL 7.4.1