[ic] Dutch Taxing

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Fri Jun 25 05:04:06 EDT 2004

Quoting Patrick Donker <list-account at webpagina.nu>:
>People,
>

>>>I have a question that you might be able to anwer:
>>>Dutch selling requires that consumerproducts are priced tax-included.
>>>That is not a problem. Problem arrise on during checkout, when taxes are
>>>specified on the bill. IC adds another so many %. This way people are
>>>charged the double amount of taxes. As this is good for my turnover, it
>>>shouldnt be like this. Taxes are required to be specified on a bill, so
>>>making everything tax-free doesnt work either. What I need is a
>>>specification on how much tax is being charged from the total amount.
>>>So, if the total purchase would be €119, then taxes would be 19 and the
>>>subtotal 100..like this:
>>>
>>>Sub 100
>>>tax 19
>>>total 119
>>>
>>>While IC does this:
>>>
>>>sub 119
>>>tax 22.61
>>>total 141.61
>>>
>>>How do I make IC do this?
>>>Thanks
>>>-Patrick
>>

>>Since you have already computed the tax for each item, and added it to
>>the price of the item itself, I don't think you should use Interchange's
>>salestax feature at all. Instead, roll your own routine to figure the tax
>>by itself for the whole order, and display it on the tax line in the
>>order recap and receipts. There are so many ways you could do this: the
>>[summary] tag, a [perl] block which iterates through the cart and uses
>>$Tag->price(), or a UserTag to name a few. In each case, you could
>>extract the tax from the item price if it is a fixed %, or if it varies
>>by type of item, you would probably want to add a tax field to the
>>products table, and do your computations with that.
>>
>>- Ed
>Thanks, will give that a try.

If my memory serves me well, I think invoices, receipts, etc.
may(or should?) show the price excluding the tax and should
show the sub totals for the respective tax levels (6% and 19%)
and the total amount of tax charged for each tax level.

Something like:
Sub Total:              300.00
BTW 6% of 100.00:       6.00
BTW 19% of 200.00:      38.00
TOTAL:          344.00

You could simply show the price including the taxes on
the products and results pages and let Interchange
calculate the taxes, shipping, etc.

Maybe you could also have a look at Interchange's Levies
system. As Ed already mentioned, there are many ways
to do this. But in any case, let the power of Interchange
work for you !

Met vriendelijke groet,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting