[ic] mod_interchange and Apache 2.0

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Jun 28 22:29:49 EDT 2004

Quoting Sean Benton (manager at bgsn.net):
> With regards to the previous issues in this thread regarding the use of
> a blank CGI_URL
> with the Interchange UI administration interface.
>
> Problem Description
> ---------------------
> When using a blank "CGI_URL" in combination with Apache Mod RewriteRule
> Under the Active Customers, loged in as administrator seems cant delete
> or Deactivate users also search
> returns the same responce from , UI IC responds with
> error "Not Authorised for customer administration . Contact Administrator. "
> Seems that this too is relative to a loss of the session Id with a
> slightly different result, in not
> alowing the privlage of deleting, searching or deactivating customer
> records.
>
> Changes to customer.html
>
> FIX FOR SEARCH :
>
> [output name=search_box]
> <FORM ACTION="[area @@MV_PAGE@@]">
> <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=ui_text_qualification VALUE="" class=s3>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id  VALUE="[data session id]">
> <INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="[L]Search for customer[/L]" class=s3>
> </form>
>
> FIX FOR DEACTIVATE / DELETE CUSTOMER :
>
> <FORM ACTION="[process]">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="@@MV_PAGE@@">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id  VALUE="[data session id]">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=back>
>

> Have all the problems already been identified under these conditions
> and fixed ? Should I continue to post the fixes that I find to the
> issues that come up while Im working with UI interface ?

It might make sense to collect the page names and post those; the fix
is the same in all cases.

As long as you don't accept/return a cookie with the session ID, you
will continue to have problems. Obviously, most of us just use cookies
and never run into these things.

--
Mike Heins

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and
then success is sure." -- Mark Twain