[ic] mod_interchange and Apache 2.0

Sean Benton manager at bgsn.net
Mon Jun 28 22:44:06 EDT 2004

Further with regards to the previous issues in this thread regarding the
use of a blank CGI_URL
with the Interchange UI administration interface and using the Apache
Mod RewriteRule for URL hacking.

PROBLEM :
UI Interface Merchandising Editor
When searching "limit with search" we lose the Session ID and end up at
login screen,
as before in this thread same issue.

THE FIX ....
EDIT  FILE : /usr/local/interchange/lib/UI/pages/admin/merchandising.html
[output name=search_box]
<FORM ACTION="[area @@MV_PAGE@@]">
<INPUT NAME=ui_text_qualification>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id  VALUE="[data session id]">
<INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="[L]Limit with search[/L]">
</FORM>

Notice that most of these problem the fix will be similar by adding the
following line to the form area of the page having problems loosing
session ID, under some conditions the  INPUT line may need slight
changes to be compatible with the position of placement in the page
either in embeded script or html format .
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id  VALUE="[data session id]">

Could be a new issue or a result of some changes I have made ?
Found that with regards to the same page (merchandising search) a
strange result when the search finds no match
returning the same table but with black lines and no error message or
table field headers as I expected something like " no match found " this
doesn't  seem to be because of any changes that I have made thoe I may
have missed something simple, and does the same thing when I backtrack
changes made and even when CGI_URL is not blank , does any one else get
this problem or similar result from a no match search ?

Regards
Sean Benton