[ic] shipping control

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Wed Jun 30 11:30:59 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I've got a problem that I need to address rather quickly. Some of the
products we sell using interchange are such that they will not ship UPS
even though individually they meet the 150lb. per item requirement.
Because of this they need to be shipped by common carrier.

What I need to do is check the cart on the checkout page and if one or
more of these items exists in the cart replace the shipping method drop
down menu with a message that their contains items that require
specialized shipping and that they should call for shipping costs and
arrangements reguardless of whether they're logged in or not. The
checkout page has to read the cart and alert the customer of this
special nee without assigning any shipping charges to the order.

I'm really not sure exactly where to start to accomplish this so any and
all help will be hugely appreciated.

thanks,

--
 Mark Weaver