[ic] Customer Credit Facility - Suggestions?

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Mon Mar 1 07:00:34 EST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:30:43 +0000, Andy Mayer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need to implement a customer credit facility, whereby customers have a
>credit balance that they can top up at any time using their credit
>cards. Then they can shop in the store, and if they have enough credit
>then they can checkout without entering their card details and their
>balance is decreased. If they try and checkout without enough balance
>then the system should prompt for their card details as normal.
>
>Does anybody have any ideas, comments, suggestions or pointers that
>would help in tacking the above problem?

The standard demo includes a credit limit check for a "Purchase
Order" type purchase. This value is held in the userdb, and in the
demo if the purchase value exceeds the available credit then
a message pops up to "call us" - this message would be replaced
with a bounce to a special product which exists only to allow the
purchaser to "buy credit", and purchasing it would add the extra
credit to the current value in the userdb.

Just a quick thought - not tested.

>I am particularly interested if anybody knows of existing useful code in
>the foundation demo, or has tackled a similar problem themselves.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Andy

-
Cheers