[ic] How can I make first result page unique?

interchange at thedesignpeople.com interchange at thedesignpeople.com
Mon Mar 1 19:47:15 EST 2004

I'm trying to figure out how to create a result page where the first
page has a unique page element like a page banner or something and
subsequent result pages (if the search returned results on multiple
pages) to not have the extra page element.

I thought an easy way to do this would be to check the current page
number, but I can't seem to figure out what that variable is (if it is
even held in one at all).  I see that I can access it with $PAGE$ inside
the [more-list] tags but is there a way of accessing that variable from
the "outside".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
mike k.