[ic] CommonAdjust and profiles

tom tom at acronpaints.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 03:49:01 EST 2004

I know this has been brought up many times, I have been looking through

I have set in my catalog.cfg the following:

AutoModifier pricing:price_group
CommonAdjust   pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100: ;products:price
Profile dealer   CommonAdjust   "pricing:w2,w5,w10,w25,w100:
;products:wholesale"
Profile dealer PriceField "common_adjust"
Profile default  CommonAdjust   "pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100:
;products:price"
Profile default PriceField "common_adjust"
Profile harvey   CommonAdjust   "harvey:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100: ;harvey:q1"
Profile harvey PriceField "common_adjust"

In an attempt to have different pricings for different groups of people.
This seems to work for users with price_level set to dealer (in the userdb
table) and for users who don't have a price_level set. This however doesn't
work for any users with price_level set to harvey.

In the harvey table There are columns for sku (Primary Key), price_group,
q2,q5,q10,q25,q100,q1 (in that order).

Do I need to reference the table somewhere else for it to be useable?
This is with a store based on the foundation store with Interchange v5.0.0,
Postgresql v2.4.0, Perl5.8.3, DBI.pm v 1.40 and DBD::Pg v 1.31.

Also, does anyone know a way of adding a writeable field as an options to a
product item (that needs to appear on the invoice/email notification). Since
some products come in many thousand colours it wouldn't be sensible to have
a pull-down list.

TIA for any help you can give me.