[ic] RHEL3.0/Interchange5.0 Build Question

Steve Lush stevelush at sportsmansweb.com
Fri Mar 12 11:33:28 EST 2004

First post. Hope I do this right.

I need to get Interchange 5.0 running on a RHEL 3.0 box. I understand that
I cannot use the RPM version of Interchange due to problems with CPAN
dependancies, etc.. I am assuming that I need to build Interchange from
src tarball.

Plan of attack:
Download SRPM of perl 5.8.0; build non-thread version.
rpm -e --nodeps of threaded perl that comes with RHEL3.0
rpm -i --nodeps of non-threaded perl built from SRPM
Download src tarball and install

Are there any gotchas out there that I need to address before proceeding
(i.e. any perl modules that I need to rebuild to work properly with
non-threaded perl ... like mod_perl that comes stock)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.