[ic] RHEL3.0/Interchange5.0 Build Question

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Mar 12 15:17:31 EST 2004

Quoting Jon Jensen (jon at endpoint.com):
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Bob Puff at NLE wrote:
>
> > Why is it that Interchange doesn't run with Perl Threads?
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-April/032700.html

Most of this is still valid. In the interim, though, Perl has gotten
better and so has IC.

As before, the major problems we have are due to XS modules like
DBI, DBD::mysql, and Storable. Since that post, my understanding
is that DBI, DBD::mysql, and DBD::Pg have no known thread problems.

The major remaining thread problem I know about is in the Storable
module. This is a known problem affecting not just Interchange.

It is quite possible that IC would run just fine with a threaded
Perl module if you don't use Storable. To do this, just remove
the _session_storable file and possibly the _db_storable file from
the interchange software directory.

--
Mike Heins

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous