[ic] Problem with "Others who........" (resend in hope of an answer this time)

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Sat Mar 13 17:43:41 EST 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Eros Shop wrote:

> After grep'ing for "50" in all interchange files, in the hope of finding
> some setting or value that may have some bearing on this mystery, I found
> the following in DbSearch.pm in /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/
>
> my %Default = (
>          matches                 => 0,
>          mv_head_skip            => 0,
>          mv_index_delim          => "\t",
>          mv_matchlimit           => 50,
>          mv_min_string           => 1,
>          verbatim_columns        => 1,
> );
>
> Could the element "mv_matchlimit  => 50" be the magic number 50 that's
> haunting me?

Almost certainly. That's not the first time someone has been bitten by
that default limit on the result set for Interchange-native searches. Try
changing your query call from this:

    my $ary = $db->query( { sql => $query } );

To this:

    my $ary = $db->query( { sql => $query, mv_matchlimit => 0 } );

Where 0 means no limit, IIRC. Or maybe "10000" or whatever.

Jon