[ic] "nested elsif problem" still exists in 5.0

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Mar 15 09:33:41 EST 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Grant wrote:

> > > Sorry about that.  After fixing that, it started
> > working properly.
> > > After a lot of testing I narrowed the problem down
> > to named parameters.
> > > The above code works properly (once fixed as Kevin
> > pointed out), but no
> > > longer works properly when named parameters are
> > used.
> >
> > So are you saying there's still a bug? If so, can
> > you supply code that
> > will reproduce it?
>
> I'm using 5.0 when I see the bug.  It sounds like 5.1
> is straight thanks to you.

I think there's still a misunderstanding. I tested the code with 5.0 and
it works fine. Mike was actually thinking of a different [if] bug that was
fixed recently, whereas he fixed the [elsif] bug in fall 2003 before 5.0
was released.

If you can reproduce a bug in the [if] logic under 5.0, please attach your
exact page to a reply so I can check it out.

Thanks,
Jon