[ic] Problem with UPS Lookup under Business::Shipping

Matt Kerner mkerner at showmeinteractive.com
Wed Mar 17 20:12:37 EST 2004

We had been using an older version of Dan Browning's XML UPS tools on a
site of ours, but last week the lookups stopped working giving the
following error message:
	Shipping mode 'GNDRES': bad formula. Returning 0.

So I've taken the time to update to the latest version of those tools
(the Business::Shipping module). The install went fairly smoothly, but
I'm not getting the following error from any method that uses it.
	Runtime error: Can't use string ("UPS") as a HASH ref while "strict
refs" in use at (eval 103) line 6.

Here is a sample from the shipping.asc file:
GNDRES  UPS Ground      weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
         {'at_least' => "7.98",'ups' => "1",'PriceDivide' =>
"1",'origin' => "65203",'ui_ship_type' => "weight",}
GNDRES  UPS Ground      weight  0       150 f [business-shipping
mode="Offline::UPS" service="GNDRES" weight="@@TOTAL@@"]

We're running IC 4.8.6.

Any ideas what might be causing this error? Solutions?

Thanks,
Kerner