[ic] Problem uploading images using UI

Greg Goble ggoble at rpo.at
Thu Mar 25 04:50:37 EST 2004

Paulo Moniz [ConstrucaoGlobal.com] wrote:

>I can upload images using the UI, but after upload page interchange
>returns to an empty flex_editor and should give me the product data I
>was editing again.
>
>I think this was a critical bug reported in earlier versions and was
>solver in 4.9, but I'm using 5.0 and same happens.
>
>IC: V5.0
>Meta:
>
>Widget Type: Image Listing
>Filter: nullselect
>Directory: images/items
>Prepend HTML: [var SAMPLEURL]
>Append HTML: <A HREF ... >upload</a>
>

>I tried Image Upload widget type but images simply don´t upload.
>Permissions are Ok, symlink Ok too.

Paulo,

I'm encountering somewhat of the same problem, in that I 'CAN' upload with imageuploader widget to products, but not to any new
table I create. My new table appears to be identical to products regarding ownership, rights, etc.

I understand you can upload images with UI, but you then say at the end that you can't upload images with imageuploader widget. I
assume you mean you 'can' upload through the content manager in UI, but not with image uploader widget, correct?

I'm using 4.8.5 (still) and imageuploader widget DOES work, BUT only with products. I created a new table/db, but the image uploader
will NOT work, even though my Meta is exactly as you have listed below and is identical to my meta imageupload on my products. I've
discussed this with an IC profi and still have not reached a conclusion why it works with products and not with a new table outside
of foundation.

If you go to tables and at the bottom of the UI page you'll see mv_metadata. Select that and you'll come to the mv_metadata on all
your tables.

Go to the table in which you're using your imageuploader. It might be products::image next to that it should say 'imagehelp'
Look into the meta on this and see if you see the correct directory, Prepend HTML and Append HTML as you listed.

Is your Append HTML: "<A HREF="admin/upload_file?ui_image_preview=/foundation/images/items/ ..."  or is your catalog name in place
of 'foundation' as it should be?

I don't have any concrete solutions for you, but hope that maybe we can trouble shoot this problems together or generate the
interest of the experts!

Please let me know with which table you are trying to use your image uploader for my own interest.

For ICDEVGROUP: If we can get to the bottom of this that would be great and maybe in future releases we can call this a file
uploader and not just image uploader, as it does upload all file formats I've ran across. I also find it useful to upload not only
images, but pdf for instructions of products that I might be selling, for example.

Paulo, if I find anything new I'll keep you posted...there's not much on this issue in the archives I know.

-Greg G.