[ic] I don't like order routes.

Grant emailgrant123b at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 15:12:54 EST 2004

--- Kevin Walsh <kevin at cursor.biz> wrote:
> Grant [emailgrant123b at yahoo.com] wrote:
> > I'm in the final stages of building a catalog from
> > scratch and I think I'd rather use an mv_check to
> do
> > all of the order logging etc. instead of the order
> > routes.  Is there anything wrong with that?  I do
> need
> > to use PGP encryption.  Is there any way to use
> that
> > without going through an order route?
> >
> I suggest that you use the routing system.  Why
> write your own system
> from scratch when the routing system exists and will
> do everything for
> you?

I can't get the order routes to work for my new
catalog, but I don't think I should.  The routes do
have a lot of cool functionality that I don't need.
I'd rather not use a new IC convention when I can use
something I'm already familiar with and isn't more
than I need.

Is that PGP functionality strictly an order route
thing?

- Grant