[ic] Unable to access Fedex calculator Fedex.pm

Christopher Wenham cwenham at synesmedia.com
Tue Mar 30 15:44:52 EST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 15:10, Sam Batschelet wrote:
> Thanks Chris this seems to be exactly what I am looking for and not to
> hard to setup wonder why this is no part of the ic 5.0 source?

 Well, for a start the wrappers aren't very polished :-)

 Don't be so sure that it's "not to hard to set up". The routine I had to go
through was ask FedEx for a test account, then ask them for "scenarios" to
test it with, then print out sample shipping labels based on their scenarios
and mail them to FedEx, then wait for them to get 'em and approve you for
access to their production server.

 I didn't finish the tags to the point where they could work for all of the
test scenarios. The customer I developed them for only needed a small subset
of all the different shipping configurations you can do. No need for shipping
hazardous materials, customs declarations, heavy packages or things like
that. It holds up well for domestic shipping, but International shipping
requirements are much more complex and only partially supported by my code.

Regards,
--
Chris Wenham - Synesmedia, Inc.
http://www.synesmedia.com