[ic] Interchange 5.2.0 released
jon at endpoint.com
Wed May 5 15:14:17 EDT 2004
The Interchange Development Group is pleased to announce the release of
Interchange 5.2.0, a new production-ready stable version of our web
Of the many changes made, a few highlights include:
* Added new usps-query usertag for real-time U.S. Postal Service
* Added payment module for Concord EFSNet's gateway, contributed by
* Fixed security hole exposing variables via URL.
* Allow separate transaction ID and order number in order routes.
* Support date-based order numbers.
* New directive SpecialSub allows subroutines to replace special_pages,
* Added user-customizable set of CGI keys that won't be saved to disk or
* Email attachment handling improved.
* Allow user-definable standard handler for PUT operations.
* Add ability to export only portions of tables with an SQL where parameter.
* Improvements to tags var, convert-date, get-url, weight, import-fields,
table-editor, history-scan, and row-edit.
* Fixed rare but annoying bug in chained ITL conditionals like
[if ...][or ...] ... [/if].
* Introduced a new read-only config hash to allow access to initial
settings of certain configuration values.
* Updated Japanese admin translation, contributed by Murahashi.
* New mod_perl 1.99/2.0 link program (Interchange::Link, for Apache 2).
* Several mod_interchange improvements (for Apache 1.3), including ability
to pass through specified files to Apache, and pass Interchange a
different script name than is in the URL.
The full changelog is viewable here:
We recommend that this version be used for new development. Many users of
earlier versions of Interchange will want to consider upgrading to
Interchange 5.2.0 after testing it for suitability with their catalogs in
a development environment. Some upgrade notes are included with the
A generic cross-platform tar package can be downloaded here:
Extensive documentation is in a separate tarball:
Binary RPMs for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora Core, etc. (please read
RPM release notes before installing):
MD5 hashes for the files are:
The Debian and RPM packages have been signed with one of our GnuPG keys.
Public keys are available here:
Questions should be directed to the Interchange user discussion mailing list:
interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
We hope you enjoy using Interchange and find it as useful as we do.
More information about the interchange-users