[ic] customized order number mv_order_number question

myDaVinci Orders orders at mydavinci.com
Wed May 5 15:51:20 EDT 2004

I am trying to make an interface to enter a pre-defined order number to
enter our partner orders (they have their own systems of order number
format) into our database.  I searched through the list and found an old
posting.  However, I am having trouble to make it to work.

===============

> Is it possible to change the read only
> 'mv_order_number' without having changing the .pm modules?

All you have to do is use the order routing function, and sometime
before the first route kicks off do:

	[perl]
		$Session->{mv_order_number} = &your_function;
	[/perl]

For instance, you might use a sequence from a database or another
counter function via UserTag.

My question:

Which file should I change (I am using the latest version of
interchange)?  Could anyone give me a simple example?  For data entry
interface, I am planning to add a text entry box for order number on the
shopping cart page or check out page for the data entry person to enter
custom defined order number.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dong Ouyang
http://www.mydavinci.com