[ic] Serving the images from a database

Lars Segerlund konsult at sebab.se
Thu May 6 03:18:03 EDT 2004

 Well, the previous mail stated that it would be easiest to intercept
the http 404 requests and place a copy from the db onto the filesystem
to serve from, thus the image would be resized once, and it would only
be served once from the db. No 'on the fly' rescaling has been in the
planning :-) ..

 It's mainly to get a single place to hold all your data, thus from your
ERP or similar system you can have all the data for the webshop in the
database and set up a couple of simple forms to handle the webshop daily
chores. Now when replicating to the database on the webserver you only
have to keep track of some little things to get this setup to run, (
like REALLY HARD and ANNOYING ISSUES actually but little things sounded
better).

 So it's for the integration of interchange with an ERP system.

 / Lars Segerlund.