[ic] mod_interchange & apache 2.0

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu May 6 17:46:22 EDT 2004

Lars Segerlund [konsult at sebab.se] wrote:
>  I'm trying to get mod_interchange running on apache 2, ( yes I know
> it's not ported yet, that's what I'm trying to do ), does anybody know
> if there has been any effort to do this before ?
>
>  The reason I ask is that it looks fairly easy so I'm trying a quick and
> dirty port.

I had a look at porting the module to Apache 2 and decided that it
looked just a bit too much like hard work.  Also, at the time, the
Apache 2.0 module API changed every 10 minutes so I simply gave up
on it.  It's not quite as easy as it looks.  Well, it wasn't for
me - you may have more luck.

The time will come when an "upgrade" to Apache 2 will be mandatory.
At that time, or perhaps some time before, I'll create a new version.

In the mean time, and as Stefan pointed out, Mike Heins has written a
mod_perl link program that works quite nicely.  I'll be stealing the
static file delivery feature for mod_interchange 1.x while nobody's
looking. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz