[ic] Help!! Interchange and Perl 5.8.0

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Tue May 11 13:19:40 EDT 2004

Hi all,

After installing and looking at interchange on our company's development
server, Mandrake Linux 8.2, we were ready to get it going and roll it
out on our production server. A RedHat 9.0 system that is hosted for us.
Problem now seems to be that it can't or won't run, ( install ) on a
machine running multi-threaded PERL. Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!! If I wasn't crazy
about RedHat before its even worse now. At least thats how I feel about
RedHat 9 and PERL 5.8. More problems then you can shake a stick at.

Is there a way around this? Below is the message I get back from the
config script when I attempt to install Interchange on this RedHat 9.0
server.

Interchange Version 5.2.0 Configuration

  Copyright 2002-2004 Interchange Development Group
  Copyright 1996-2002 Red Hat, Inc.

  Interchange was originally based on Vend 0.2 and 0.3
  Copyright 1995, 1996 Andrew M. Wilcox <amw at wilcoxsolutions.com>

  Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
  See the file LICENSE for license information.

Found Perl 5.8.0 as /usr/bin/perl

If you get a CPAN error, rerun the configuration and it should go away.

Interchange will not work with a thread-enabled perl.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.

The machine is running RedHat 9.0/PERL 5.8.0 and Apache 2. Anyone have
any suggestions? I've really got to get this thing going as soon as
possible.

thanks,

--
Mark Weaver