[ic] mod_interchange 1.30 Problem

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue May 11 22:45:16 EDT 2004

Bryan D Gmyrek [gmyrek at U.Arizona.EDU] wrote:
> > Did you have another version of mod_interchange installed prior to
> > your installation of 1.30?  If so then make sure that you're
> > overwriting the previous mod_interchange.so with the new version as
> > it seems that perhaps the older version is still being used;  The
> > OrdinaryFileList directive is new in version 1.30.
> >
> Checked and double checked this.  Before I copied the mod_interchange.so
> file into the libexec directory I removed the 1.29 version.

As the OrdinaryFileList directive is new in 1.30, I'm still thinking
that you're using an earlier version.  Perhaps you're installing the
new file into the wrong directory.

Can you do the following to check:

    1. Edit your httpd.conf and add "ServerTokens Full" somewhere near
       the top of the file.  I use "ServerTokens Prod" usually, so if
       you have an existing ServerTokens directive then comment it out
       for this test.

    2. Change to your /tmp directory and wget a file as follows:

           wget --save-headers http://www.example.com/index.html

       The URI can be anything served by that Apache instance.  To be
       sure, you should get the index.html from your Interchange-driven
       website.

    3. Examine the resulting file.  You should find a "Server:" header
       listing the installed modules and the version number associated
       with each.  I usually use "ServerTokens Prod" to hide this
       information on public-facing systems.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz