[ic] Data tag not returning result

Tim Good tim.g at edsd.com
Wed May 12 13:52:39 EDT 2004

Paul,

Thank you for the response. I was using the code below:

[query sql="select charge from delivery_schedule where order_number =
[loop-data transactions order_number]" type=list]
    [if-sql-param charge]
         [sql-param charge]
    [/if-sql-param]
[/query]

However, I need to use the results in later areas eg.
[total_view subtotal="[loop-data transactions subtotal]"
install="[loop-data transactions install_chrg]" delivery="[sql-param
charge]" ]
Total_view is a custom Usertag I developed to return different totals
depending on view and charges.
For instance weither or not there is a delivery charge. I have tried to
wrap the above query in [seti][/seti]
tags then use [scratch foo] to return in delivery="[scratch foo]". This
works once but when I call
it later it dosen't.

Then I tried:
[perl table='delivery_schedule']
  $Tag->data("delivery_schedule", "charge", "[loop-data transactions
order_number]"); [/perl]
This returns nothing.

Also tried to have the query tag ecapsulate the whole area where
[sql-param charge] is needed.
However, if there are no results the "whole area is blank".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim