[ic] Not able to retrieve fields from custom table

Tim Good tim.g at edsd.com
Fri May 14 11:46:26 EDT 2004

[snip]

> > Paul,
> >
> > As I said in my last post ...
> >
> >> Ofcourse the code above is not the exact code which I was
> using for
> >> the [query ...] tag encaspulating <td>s and <tr>s. I included the
> >> code above as an example to where I was working within the
> order_view
> >> page.
> >
> > However I negleted to see that the [list][/list] tags are
> required for
> > [no_match][/no_match] to work. At a second glance at the
> documentation
> > I still don't see where it states that [list][/list] tags
> are requird
> > inorder for the [on_match][/on_match] tags to work so thanks for
> > pointing that out.
>

> Perhaps you are correct in that the docs do not come out and
> say that. However this was easy to find using the archives,
> which to me are far more useful.
>
> searching for "no-match not returned" or "no-match not work"
> bring the answer right up.

thanks so much for your help. I am not sure what I was thinking
by going by the documentation. I will use the mail list when
the documentation does not help. Thanks for pointing that out.

> > Some of the examples in the documentation for the [query ]
> tag imply
> > that the [list][/list] are not required for [on_match][/on_match] to
> > work:
>

> No, that is incorrect. No example shows a SubTag working
> without [list] or type=list. In fact, maybe that says it all
> right there 8-)

So if I understand your explanation of the documentation correctly,
if the [list] tags are not included, you must use type=list. But
you must use one or the other in order for [no_match] to work?
Also the [on_match] tag does not have to be within the [list][/list]
tag for it to work. The [list][/list] tag just needs to exist anywhere
in the [query][/query] tags.

> I assume it is working now?
>
> Paul

Just for the record I was using type=list in my query tag. If you go
back
and read my posts you will see this. I will try using the [list][/list]
tags so I understand how the [query] tag works.

Also I would still prefer to use the [data ...] tag. The [data ...] tag
will not work for my custom table. I am not sure why. The query is sent
the database as expected but nothing is returned. Does this have
something
to do with Safe Mode?

 prepare('select charge from delivery_schedule where order_number =
00020')= DBI::st=HASH(0x9e2fbd0) at DBI.pm line 1935
    <- execute= 1 at DBI.pm line 1937
    <- FETCH('NAME')= [ 'charge' ] at DBI.pm line 1957
    <- fetchall_arrayref= [ ARRAY(0x9d089ec) ] row1 at DBI.pm line 1959
    <- DESTROY= undef at Interpolate.pm line 4621
    <- DESTROY= undef at DBI.pm line 746
    <- disconnect= 1 at Server.pm line 955
!   <- DESTROY= undef during global destruction

Thank you,
Tim