[ic] Interchange and https

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Sun May 16 00:37:53 EDT 2004

Bryan D Gmyrek wrote:

>>>It has nothing to do with Interchange, of course.
>>>SSL simply doesn't work with NameVirtualHost. You can only have one
>>>per IP address.
>>Yes...I've been finding this out the hard way. Any ideas for a solution?
>>I didn't think there was a problem with Interchange. "it" appears to be
>>operating just as it should. Apache on the other hand is being a HUGE pita.
> Mark,
> It would help if you tell us what version of apache you're running.
> I'm not sure if this is what you need but here is what I have in my
> httpd.conf (apache 1.3.29 and redhat 9)
> NameVirtualHost 555.555.555.555:80
> <VirtualHost 555.555.555.555:80>
> DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
> ServerName  www.mydomain.com
> # ... more stuff
> </VirtualHost>
> <IfDefine SSL>
> <VirtualHost 555.555.555.555:443>
> DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
> ServerName www.mydomain.com
> # ... more stuff
> SSLEngine on
> SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/www.mydomain.com.crt
> SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/www.mydomain.com.key
> SSLVerifyClient none
> </VirtualHost>
> </IfDefine>
> Note that the NameVirtualHost only appears before the first port 80
> VirtualHost directive.
> Good luck!
> Bryan

Hi Bryan,

thought I'd let ya know that I've tried your example and for what ever
reason it didn't work either. I made sure that NameVirtualHost
appeared like this:

NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80

and that all the containers using port 80 appeared like this:

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>

and the container for the secure side of the cart appeared like this:

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443>

When I restarted the server it never asked for the passphrase for the
cert and https didn't work.

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being
         "Sharing is what makes them powerful."
Registered Linux User # 186492