[ic] Interchange and https

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Sun May 16 00:42:47 EDT 2004

Peter wrote:

> Mark Weaver wrote:
>
>> The fist line before the directives appears this way:
>>
>> NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.252
>

> That's different than what you had in your last post, why?
>
>> I'm not specifying a port as such:  NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.252:80
>

> That's fine.  If you don't specify a port Apache defaults to port 80.
>
>> Should I be doing this so that it sees a difference between SSL and
>> non-SSL virtual hosts?
>

> You only need a NameVirtualHost directive for IPs that you're sharing
> with more than one domain.  Since you're using SSL on this domain then
> I'll run the assumption that you're not sharing the IP across domains
> (while it's possible to do that it has undesirable side effects, see my
> post from earlier today for more info).
>
>> Since adding the container for the https side of the domain for
>> interchange and upon restarting apache I wasn't prompted for my
>> passphrase for the certs that are installed, which tells me that its
>> not acting on the certs at all now, although it didn't complain about
>> me specifying two different ports for the same domain as it was doing
>> before.  *sigh* I'm wondering if I'll ever get this right.
>

> Please post both of the VirtualHost sections for that domain (the one
> for port 80 and the one for port 443).
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

BTW...the Ip address appeared differently between two posts because
they were just example IP addresses. Nothing more than that.

As a matter of fact we are sharing the IP address across all the
domains being hosted on this machine as VirtualHosts. The containers
for the non-SSL and the SSL appear this way:

<VirtualHost 206.252.132.148>
ServerAdmin webmaster at americanmicroinc.com
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/americanmicroinc.com/order"
ServerName order.americanmicroinc.com
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/html/americanmicroinc.com/order/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

<IfDefine SSL>
<VirtualHost 206.252.132.148:443>
ServerAdmin webmaster at americanmicroinc.com
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/americanmicroinc.com/order"
ServerName order.americanmicroinc.com
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/html/americanmicroinc.com/order/cgi-bin/
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/order.americanmicroinc.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/order.americanmicroinc.key
SSLEngine on
SSLVerifyClient none
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log
TransferLog /var/log/httpd/ssl_access_log
</VirtualHost>
</IfDefine>

in the active apache config file I've got the second container shown
here commented out since in its current form it doesn't work.

--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being
worthless,"
         "Sharing is what makes them powerful."
Registered Linux User # 186492