[ic] Interchange and https

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Sun May 16 01:26:26 EDT 2004

Peter wrote:

> Mark Weaver wrote:
>> As a matter of fact we are sharing the IP address across all the
>> domains being hosted on this machine as VirtualHosts.
> That's fine as long as you don't have more than one secure domain on the
> IP.
>> <IfDefine SSL>
>> <VirtualHost>
>> ServerAdmin webmaster at americanmicroinc.com
>> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/americanmicroinc.com/order"
>> ServerName order.americanmicroinc.com
>> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/html/americanmicroinc.com/order/cgi-bin/
>> SSLCipherSuite
>> SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/order.americanmicroinc.crt
>> SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/order.americanmicroinc.key
>> SSLEngine on
>> SSLVerifyClient none
>> ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log
>> TransferLog /var/log/httpd/ssl_access_log
>> </VirtualHost>
>> </IfDefine>
> Hrmmmmm, what happens if you stop the server and then start it with
> "apachectl startssl" instead of using the init.d script?
> Peter

I get this in the console:

[root at amermicro1 conf]# apachectl startssl
[Sun May 16 02:35:46 2004] [error] VirtualHost --
mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not
supported, proceeding with undefined results
httpd (pid 32372) already running

And when you attempt to access a domain through ssl this error message
pops up from the browser:

"the connection to order.americanmicroinc.com has terminated
unexpetedly. Some data may have been transfered."

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being
         "Sharing is what makes them powerful."
Registered Linux User # 186492