[ic] Interchange and https

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Sun May 16 01:26:26 EDT 2004

Peter wrote:

> Mark Weaver wrote:
>
>> As a matter of fact we are sharing the IP address across all the
>> domains being hosted on this machine as VirtualHosts.
>

> That's fine as long as you don't have more than one secure domain on the
> IP.
>
>> <IfDefine SSL>
>> <VirtualHost 206.252.132.148:443>
>> ServerAdmin webmaster at americanmicroinc.com
>> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/americanmicroinc.com/order"
>> ServerName order.americanmicroinc.com
>> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/html/americanmicroinc.com/order/cgi-bin/
>> SSLCipherSuite
>> ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
>> SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/order.americanmicroinc.crt
>> SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/order.americanmicroinc.key
>> SSLEngine on
>> SSLVerifyClient none
>> ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log
>> TransferLog /var/log/httpd/ssl_access_log
>> </VirtualHost>
>> </IfDefine>
>

> Hrmmmmm, what happens if you stop the server and then start it with
> "apachectl startssl" instead of using the init.d script?
>
> Peter

I get this in the console:

[root at amermicro1 conf]# apachectl startssl
[Sun May 16 02:35:46 2004] [error] VirtualHost 206.252.132.148:443 --
mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not
supported, proceeding with undefined results
httpd (pid 32372) already running

And when you attempt to access a domain through ssl this error message
pops up from the browser:

"the connection to order.americanmicroinc.com has terminated
unexpetedly. Some data may have been transfered."

--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being
worthless,"
         "Sharing is what makes them powerful."
Registered Linux User # 186492