[ic] IC 5.2.0 mysql problem

Bryan D Gmyrek gmyrek at U.Arizona.EDU
Mon May 17 13:40:32 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a catalog based on the 4.8 foundation demo and upgraded IC to
5.2.0.  AFAIK most things work OK.  However, there is a problem with the
database access.
Actually, I don't really blame this on 5.2.0 since I'm not sure if it's
the upgrade or something else I changed that caused the problem but alas.
Here is the error I get when restarting IC:

Killing Interchange server 17624 with TERM.
Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet payment module initialized, using Net::SSLeay
High traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V5.2.0
Configuring catalog store...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:store...table
'tree'
failed: connect failed (create) -- Access denied for user:
'interch at localhost' (Using password: NO)
done.
Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 17707)

I've checked and double checked the mysql password and the variable.txt
file.  I am able to log into mysql using
mysql -uinterch -pmypassword

DBI version is 1.40

Tried looking in the ic code to find where mysql is accessed and if the
password is being passed properly but wasn't able to figure that out.  Any
other ideas? I'm tapped out...

Thanks,
Bryan