[ic] IC 5.2.0 mysql problem

Bryan D Gmyrek gmyrek at U.Arizona.EDU
Mon May 17 15:40:41 EDT 2004

> > Killing Interchange server 17624 with TERM.
> > Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet payment module initialized, using Net::SSLeay
> > High traffic settings.
> > Calling UI......UI is loaded...
> > Interchange V5.2.0
> > Configuring catalog store...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:store...table
> > 'tree'
> > failed: connect failed (create) -- Access denied for user:
> > 'interch at localhost' (Using password: NO)
> > done.
> > Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 17707)
> >
> > I've checked and double checked the mysql password and the variable.txt
> > file.  I am able to log into mysql using
> > mysql -uinterch -pmypassword
> >
> > DBI version is 1.40
> >
> > Tried looking in the ic code to find where mysql is accessed and if the
> > password is being passed properly but wasn't able to figure that out.  Any
> > other ideas? I'm tapped out...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bryan
>
> Are you accessing mysql through "localhost" or from another machine? If
> another machine then the IP address could be the problem.

>From localhost...

> grant all privileges on store.* to interch at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx identified by
> "password" with grant option;

To check I did this ... though like I said it was working before so...
 GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON store.* TO 'interch'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
'pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Still get same error on ic restart.

It does work if I set the users password like so:
 GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON store.* TO 'interch'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
'' WITH GRANT OPTION;

And remove the password from the variable.txt so that it looks like
SQLDSN	dbi:mysql:store	Database
SQLPASS		Database
SQLUSER	interch	Database

However, somehow this doesn't seem so secure to me ;-}

Bryan