[ic] IC 5.2.0 mysql problem

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Mon May 17 17:22:22 EDT 2004

At 12:40 PM 5/17/2004 -0700, you wrote:

> > > Killing Interchange server 17624 with TERM.
> > > Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet payment module initialized, using Net::SSLeay
> > > High traffic settings.
> > > Calling UI......UI is loaded...
> > > Interchange V5.2.0
> > > Configuring catalog store...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:store...table
> > > 'tree'
> > > failed: connect failed (create) -- Access denied for user:
> > > 'interch at localhost' (Using password: NO)
> > > done.
> > > Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 17707)
> > >
> > > I've checked and double checked the mysql password and the variable.txt
> > > file.  I am able to log into mysql using
> > > mysql -uinterch -pmypassword
> > >
> > > DBI version is 1.40
> > >
> > > Tried looking in the ic code to find where mysql is accessed and if the
> > > password is being passed properly but wasn't able to figure that
> out.  Any
> > > other ideas? I'm tapped out...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Bryan
> >
> > Are you accessing mysql through "localhost" or from another machine? If
> > another machine then the IP address could be the problem.
>
> >From localhost...
>

> > grant all privileges on store.* to interch at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx identified by
> > "password" with grant option;
> >
>To check I did this ... though like I said it was working before so...
>  GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON store.* TO 'interch'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
>'pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;
>
>Still get same error on ic restart.
>
>It does work if I set the users password like so:
>  GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON store.* TO 'interch'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
>'' WITH GRANT OPTION;
>
>And remove the password from the variable.txt so that it looks like
>SQLDSN  dbi:mysql:store Database
>SQLPASS         Database
>SQLUSER interch Database
>
>However, somehow this doesn't seem so secure to me ;-}
>
>Bryan

You are right, it's not - any local user could log into mysql as user
interch without providing any authentication (password) and have full
access to the store database.

SQLPASS is not being handed to mysql, and I would start by verifying that
the variable name and data are clean - I've seen people put leading or
trailing space characters into data like this without realizing it, which
could be the source of the issue. I seriously doubt that this is an
Interchange bug of any kind.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax