[ic] shipping charges and weights...

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Wed May 19 15:35:13 EDT 2004

Steve wrote:

>>>: [ic] shipping charges and weights...
>>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I just found something interesting today woth Interchange. Just when I
>>thought I was finished with the setup and after recovering from borking
>>the menu system yesterday I have found that Interchange doesn't
>>calculate shipping charges for anything over 150lbs. that means that
>>anything a person orders from us that is more than 150lbs will not get
>>charged shipping!  Not to mention there are only three methods I can get
>>to show up on the checkout form,
>>
>>	UPS ground commercial,
>>	UPS 2nd Day Air
>>	UPS Next Day Air...
>>

> You can edit the country file to select which shipping methods you allow by
> country.
>
> There should also be information on Multi-package shipping in the archives.
>
> Here is a tag I use:
> http://interchangeville.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=772
>
> regards,
> Steve

Hi Steve,

Unless I'm missing something important this user tag isn't working out
for me. the error I'm getting upon restart is this:

.UserTag 'ship_cost_i' subroutine failed safe check: syntax error at
(eval 202) line 22, near "}
EOR

# Allow customers to have their passwords emailed to them.
ActionMap  "

In line 287 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':

Here is what I placed in the catalog.cfg file:

UserTag ship_cost_i Order weight mode zip upsmode
UserTag ship_cost_i Routine <<EOR
sub {
my($weight,$mode,$zip,$upsmode) = @_;
return unless $weight;
$mode = $Variable->{SHIP_DEFAULT_MODE} unless $mode;
$zip = $Variable->{SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP} unless $zip;
my $zone = '450';
my $total = 0;
my $w_weight = $weight;
if ($weight < 1)
{ $weight = 1 }
$total = int($weight/145) * Vend::Interpolate::tag_ups($mode, $zip,
145,$zone);
$total += Vend::Interpolate::tag_ups($mode, $zip, $weight % 145,$zone);

if ($total < 1)
{$total = $Tag->ship_cost($w_weight, $upsmode, $zip)}

return $total;
}
EOR

# Allow customers to have their passwords emailed to them.
ActionMap  get_password   <<EOR
sub {
         $Config->{NoSearch} = '';
         $CGI->{mv_nextpage} = $CGI->{mv_search_page} =
'action/get_password';
         $CGI->{mv_todo} = 'search';
         $Tag->update('process');
         return 1;
}
EOR

and this is what I placed in shipping.asc file:

GNDCOMI: -UPS Ground-
criteria weight
zone 450
geo zip
default_geo 04175
adder (@@TOTAL@@ * .015) + 2
table Ground
ui_ship_type UPSI

min 0
max 0
cost e Nothing to Ship!

min 0
max 999
cost f [ship_cost_i zip="[either][value zip][or][var
SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP][/either]" mode="Ground" weight="@@TOTAL@@"
upsmode="GNDCOM"]

min 999
max 9999999