[ic] shipping charges and weights...

Steve icdev at mrlock.com
Wed May 19 15:45:20 EDT 2004

> > You can edit the country file to select which shipping methods
> you allow by
> > country.
> >
> > There should also be information on Multi-package shipping in
> the archives.
> >
> > Here is a tag I use:
> > http://interchangeville.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=772
> >
> > regards,
> > Steve
> >

> So once this user tag is inserted into the catalog.cfg and the
> corresponding snippet is placed into the
> shipping.asc, then I should be able to ship things via UPS ground that
> are over 150lbs.?
> --
> Mark Weaver
> American Micro - Webmaster
> 1-800-558-2058

That should do the trick.
You can change the box weight in the tag code if you prefer lighter boxes.
Right now the code will split the total invoice weight into 145lb boxes and
sum the freight on each package.
The tag code also falls back and uses on-line lookup if shipping to zip
codes that are not in our internal database.

It works fairly good for us, unless your single package is more than 145lbs
.... As always, if you improve on it, please resubmit to the list :)...

-Steve