[ic] SQL + search_region

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Mon May 24 09:25:38 EDT 2004

Hi all,

We're currently using action maps to strip arguments out of a string like:

   http://www.widgets.com/dept/sprockets/red/acme.html

, turning them into an IC search and then using a search_region page to
display the results.

This works OK up to a point, but for complex searches the action map
starts to get a bit unweildy as we hit the limits of the built in IC
search system.

So for complex searches we now use direct sql queries which are faster
and much more flexible. However because they are embedded in the results
page, it makes maintainance more difficult.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the best of both worlds and use
a _real_ sql query to display results in a search_region page?

Thanks,

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254