[ic] SQL + search_region

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Mon May 24 16:39:27 EDT 2004

Mike Heins wrote:
> Sounds like mostly you want to pre-do the search with SQL, and
> then display it with the search-region. This can easily be done

That's exactly what I want to do. That way I can use a single search
results template and code the searches as action maps (somehow feels
neater than putting the sql in the pages).

> by formatting a $Search->{labelname} object, then passing it
> on with [search-region label=labelname]. I believe you want
> to have at least:
>
> 	my $ary = [ [ 'return1', 'return2', ] ];
> 	my $n = scalar @$ary;
> 	$Search->{$label} = {
> 		matches => $n,
> 		mv_results => $ary,
> 		mv_matchlimit => 20,
> 		mv_field_names => [ 'field1', 'field2', ],
> 	};

Hmm - I'm a bit fuzzy on arrayrefs and hashrefs. Could you give an
simple example using the query tag, or is it as simple as just
substituting $ary for a query tag and plugging the return field names
into the array at the bottom?

Thanks,

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454