[ic] Bug with shipping + total cost?

Sandy Thomson sandy at scotwebshops.com
Tue May 25 12:28:57 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have discovered something I think might be a bug?

My Setup:
===
I have a few different shipmodes in the shipping.asc file, and depending
on what country a customer selects certain shipmodes (+ correct prices)
are displayed on the basket page on a drop down list for customer to
choose from.

Only shipping country and shipping method are chosen on our basket page.
The idea being the customer can see a simple heads up of how much
everything costs before being confronted with crazy checkout form.

A hypothetical example:

country.txt
--
ACountry    ups,fedex
--

shipping.asc
--

Note: Ignore all tab separation and formatting, its just an example and
the db's work here.

The (Possible) Bug:
===
For example, the weight criterion was out of bounds for the first
shipmode (3000), i would like it to display only the second shipmode and
the price for that country (e.g Fedex: 20.00) on the basket page.

This works fine.

But:
The [total-cost] tag returns the calculation of (subtotal+vat+shipping),
but for some reason it assumes shipping to be 0.00, i assume because it
looks at the first shipmode in the country db (ups) and sees 'e'
(error), instead of the only option available that has no error (Fedex:
20.00).

So the calculation should be (subtotal+vat+20.00) instead of
(subtotal+vat+0.00), i think?

Subsequently, going to the checkout page calculates the order total
correctly, but I was really wanting the basket page to do the price
calculation.
===

Any hints?
Cheers.