[ic] Bug with shipping + total cost?

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Tue May 25 13:22:58 EDT 2004

At 09:28 AM 5/25/2004, you wrote:

>Hi,
>I have discovered something I think might be a bug?
>

>My Setup:
>===
>I have a few different shipmodes in the shipping.asc file, and depending
>on what country a customer selects certain shipmodes (+ correct prices)
>are displayed on the basket page on a drop down list for customer to
>choose from.
>
>Only shipping country and shipping method are chosen on our basket page.
>The idea being the customer can see a simple heads up of how much
>everything costs before being confronted with crazy checkout form.
>

>A hypothetical example:
>
>country.txt
>--
>ACountry    ups,fedex
>--
>
>shipping.asc
>--
>ups    UPS             weight  0       0       e No items in basket
>ups    UPS             weight  1       1999    f 10.00
>ups    UPS             weight  2000    9999999 e Use Fedex instead
>fedex  Fedex           weight  0       0       e No items in basket
>fedex  Fedex           weight  1       9999999 f 20.00
>--
>
>Note: Ignore all tab separation and formatting, its just an example and
>the db's work here.
>===
>

>The (Possible) Bug:
>===
>For example, the weight criterion was out of bounds for the first shipmode
>(3000), i would like it to display only the second shipmode and the price
>for that country (e.g Fedex: 20.00) on the basket page.
>
>This works fine.
>
>But:
>The [total-cost] tag returns the calculation of (subtotal+vat+shipping),
>but for some reason it assumes shipping to be 0.00, i assume because it
>looks at the first shipmode in the country db (ups) and sees 'e' (error),
>instead of the only option available that has no error (Fedex: 20.00).
>
>So the calculation should be (subtotal+vat+20.00) instead of
>(subtotal+vat+0.00), i think?
>
>Subsequently, going to the checkout page calculates the order total
>correctly, but I was really wanting the basket page to do the price
>calculation.
>===
>
>Any hints?
>Cheers.
>
>Sandy.

You could add some to display a message about this to the user:

[if type=!explicit compare="[shipping noformat=1]"]
         total with shipping charges added in.</font>
[/if]

... or something like this. Or if you want to get more ambitious you could
add a calc at the top of the page to evaluate all shipmodes and apply the
first one that produces an non-zero result.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax