[ic] I have a question about makecat ... adn deployment ..

Lars Segerlund konsult at sebab.se
Wed May 26 07:11:54 EDT 2004

 This questin is quite simple and goes:

  Is it common to use makecat for deployment catalogs ? The reason is
that as I can understand it a 'hand built' catalog would gie a bit
better control of the workings of ones deployed site, also the
-demotype=XXX switch implies that it would be for demonstration purposes ?

 I have set up the mike example using the makecat program, and I think
there is both good and bad sides to it all, and would like a second opinion.

 Also, does anybody have a good idea about how to set up multiple sites
on apache2 and debian ?
 I tried using the /etc/apache2/sites-available and sites-enabled
configuration directories, but I have not managed to write a set of
config files ( f.ex. /etc/apache2/sites-available/foundation and mike ),
that can peacefully coexist.
 I suspect i have a vitual host directive or two too much :-) ...

 The thing is I would like two catalogs coexisting and sharing a common
certificate. ( yes I have looked at the ssl faq ).

 / Lars Segerlund.