[ic] shipping charges not being applied???

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Fri May 28 08:11:51 EDT 2004

Hi List,

I've been working on this one for the last 24 hours and while I can
reproduce it numerous times I'm at a loss as to how to rectify the
problem. I did find a post on the forum for interchange of someone else
having the same problem but the poor bugger got no responses. I'm
hopeful that I'll fair better here on the list.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  forum post >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
trying to get the store ready to launch. when order placed without
pushing recalculate button, the order is placed without shipping
charges. any ideas?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< my situation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
We had an order taken yesterday that did exactly that. upon checking
things out I realized that the customer didn't register an account with
us and just checked out. my first clue to this was the username attached
to the order - U0001. Generally when the customer is either logged in
through registering or a previous customer logs in before making the
purchase the username shows up as something unique.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Something else I've noticed is that when one is registering an account,
fills in all the fields, then presses the "Save Acct Info" button, that
it refreshes right back to the same page as though the data wasn't sent.
Now, at this point one's instinctual response to this strange behavior
is to press the "save acct info" button again. Doing so however, creates
a user with a username such as this:  U0001.

So... my first question is this: how do I deal with the fact that "no"
shipping will be charged of a customer if they're (1) not logged in or
registered and simply check out, and (2) how can I make the change to IC
so that the new account registration page refreshes back to the catalog
main page "After" a user registers a new account? ( this should be the
normal behavior of the progam. As well as shipping calculation of a
purchase Even if the customer chooses to checkout without registering or
logging in. All that should Really be necessary to make a purchase is to
fill in the "required" fields and then hit the "Place Order" button.
While the transaction is being processed in the background shipping
"should" be calculated regardless.

Any thoughts?
--
Mark Weaver