[ic] Putting non-products into a Cart -- is this possible?

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Fri May 28 13:29:10 EDT 2004

At 08:09 AM 5/28/2004, you wrote:

>Hello.  We have a number of catalogs, and want all of them to share a
>certain system.  This system will allow users to search a global database,
>and if they desire, to place items from that database in a seperate cart
>from the main cart, and process them through a special order process.
>I have played with it a bit, and am getting few results, mainly around the
>action of getting one of the items from the global DB to go into the cart.
>Is this possible?  Does the global database need to mimick the product
>databases of the catalogs for this to work?
>I'd love any help or advice,
>Thanks,
>Andrew

Yes, in order to do this as simply as possible, the 'global' table would
need to follow the structure of the catalog's products table, at least with
regards to critical fields (sku, description, price, etc), would need to be
configured as an Interchange database table with a Database directive, and
would need to be listed as one of the ProductFiles in catalog.cfg.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax