[ic] Date Formatting in the Table Editor

Gary Norton gnorton at broadgap.com
Mon Nov 1 13:22:37 EST 2004

I have a field in the Table Editor that I would like to format.

The field is a referential field (FK in  practical terms) to another
table. The data I am display is actually in IC date format
(YYYYMMDDHHMM) in a select list.

I would like to format this data to a more readable format, but need a
bit of help.

Here is the mv_metadata.asc line:
schedule_note::schedule_code    select

When viewing the game_date in the schedule table (original table) I use
the following formatting to get the format I am looking for:
game_date(convert_date."%b %e, %Y %l:%M %P")

I would like to achieve the same type of formatting in the schedule_note
(referential table) if possible.

Can anyone give me some ideas?