[ic] Importing tab-delimited file into Postgres fails

Rene Hertell interchange-users at hertell.com
Mon Nov 1 16:39:50 EST 2004

> I don't think that's your problem. The error message spells it out: your
> field "tittelit" is an integer field, but you're trying to import an empty
> string, which isn't valid. You need to import either a number or a NULL.
> In Interchange's database configuration try the PREFER_NULL setting for
> that field. Or use PostgreSQL's native COPY command and put \N in that
> field where you want it to be null.

Haa! That was the problem :) I just couldn't figure out what the error
meant...  I think I could in earlier postgres-versions have an empty (not
NULL) value as an option.. But that seems now to be different..

Thanks for your help Jon!

Regards,

Rene

ps. Can I set the PREFER_NULL setting as a default setting (like e.g.
Database tittelit DEFAULT_TYPE text) for all Integer-fields, or do I have to
specify them separately for each field?