[ic] Howto Log CC error info?

Russell Mann tech at khouse.org
Tue Nov 2 14:12:06 EST 2004

Hello,

Due to fraudulent CC auths, I've implemented a 3 strikes you're out policy
on my IC 5.2 site.  If the customer enters bad CC info 3 times in a row,
their account gets locked out and I get an email informing me of their
attempt.

I'm trying to get the actual CC error to come in the email, but am having a
hard time accessing it.  I'm trying to set a scratch variable:

[seti cc_error_text][scratch cc_error_text]
[error std_label="Credit Card Information" name=authorizenet required=1]
[error std_label="Card Number" name=mv_credit_card_valid required=1]
[/seti]

This works to set a scratch like this:

<B>Credit Card Information</B>
	<FONT COLOR=RED>Card Number <SMALL><I>(Can't figure out credit card
type from number.)</I></SMALL></FONT>

	<B>Credit Card Information</B>
	<FONT COLOR=RED>Card Number <SMALL><I>(Can't figure out credit card
type from number.)</I></SMALL></FONT>

	<B>Credit Card Information</B>
	<FONT COLOR=RED>Card Number <SMALL><I>(Can't figure out credit card
type from number.)</I></SMALL></FONT>

This, however, is hardly useful as there is too much HTML stuck in there.
It also forces the error to display where I create the scratch var, which is
within a statement block of [if error mv_credit_card_valid] to check for an
error in the first place.

Any suggestings on directly accessing any error texts for export purposes?

Thanks,

Russell Mann