[ic] Auth at checkout, settle on ship question

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Thu Nov 4 18:32:52 EST 2004

I'm using IC 5.2 with Verisign (apologies).

If we do authorizations at checkout and use the Admin UI to settle,
what happens if an auth has expired before we can ship? Does IC
generate a new sale on the spot?

Also, how would we settle an order for a lower amount than the auth?
This would happen if one item was unavailable and canceled, so we
wouldn't want to charge the customer for it. (I suppose we could settle
for the full amount and then issue a credit. . .)

Thanks!

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/