[ic] First access is slow

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:53:47 EST 2004

I've been noticing that the first access I make to my site is pretty
slow while subsequent accesses are much quicker.  It just dawned on me
that this could indicate a performance problem with starting sessions.
 Maybe I'm not expiring them properly.  Here's what I do:

40 4 * * * find /catalogs/cat/tmp -type f -mmin +480 | xargs
--no-run-if-empty rm
45 4 * * * find /catalogs/cat/tmp -type d -empty -depth -mindepth 1 |
xargs --no-run-if-empty rmdir
50 4 * * * find /catalogs/cat/session -type f -mmin +480 | xargs
--no-run-if-empty rm
55 4 * * * find /catalogs/cat/session -type d -empty -depth -mindepth
1 | xargs --no-run-if-empty rmdir

Should I be doing something different?  Is there a way to check and
see if I'm bogged down with old sessions?  Could there be another
remedy to my problem?

- Grant