[ic] Random missing order report e-mail

John Young john_young at sonic.net
Fri Oct 1 15:35:03 EDT 2004

Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:

> I'm running a few catalogs through Interchange 5.0 and my clients have
> recently been telling me that they are missing order report e-mails from
> random orders. The orders are placed fine, the customer gets a receipt
> e-mail, the order shows up in the Admin Orders Area, but no report
> e-mail gets sent to the ORDERS_TO address.
>
> This doesn't happen with every order, but the frequency of incidents has
> been increasing. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas of where to
> look or suggested solutions?

I would check your mail logs and Interchange logs.  You should be able
to spot some sort of correlation normal situations, and you might discover
error messages, as well.

When I say mail logs, I mean something like /var/log/mail or to wherever
you log sendmail, postfix, qmail, or whatever.

-John Young