[ic] Random missing order report e-mail

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Oct 1 22:36:20 EDT 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:

> I'm running a few catalogs through Interchange 5.0 and my clients have
> recently been telling me that they are missing order report e-mails from
> random orders. The orders are placed fine, the customer gets a receipt
> e-mail, the order shows up in the Admin Orders Area, but no report
> e-mail gets sent to the ORDERS_TO address.
> This doesn't happen with every order, but the frequency of incidents has
> been increasing. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas of where to
> look or suggested solutions?

This sounds like the unfortunately common Perl signals problem. If you're
using /usr/sbin/sendmail to send mail, then you're calling a subprocess
and can run into the same problems people often see with payment gateways
or GnuPG failing. Search the list archives for "Perl signals" for details.

Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation
Software development with Interchange, Perl, PostgreSQL, Apache, Linux, ...