[ic] and once more: Premature end of script headers:

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Oct 7 16:08:59 EDT 2004

At 12:28 PM 10/7/2004, you wrote:

>Hi interchange-fans,
>
>until now, I´m not a fan. After an installation-session of 2 days, I´m
>very frustrated. But the last hope is that list. Now the facts:
>
>- Interchange-Server is running in Inet and Unix-mode (no problem)
>- using mysql (CPAN DBI and DBD:mysql are installed)
>- directory-rights for cgi-bin is set to drwsr-xr-x
>- cityshop.cgi(user-set ic and rigths: rwxr-xr-x)
>- I couldn´t find anything needed at FAQ
>
>and every time I start the URL www.xy.com/cityshop I got the error:
>
>Premature end of script headers: cityshop.cgi
>
>I have no more idea, what to do
>
>Thanks for helping me
>
>Thomas

Copy the file VENDROOT/src/testcgi to your cgi directory and play with the
ownership and permissions until you can get it to echo it's output - here's
some things to try:

1. Change cgi-bin to drwxr-xr-x;

2. chown u+s on cgi file;

3. Are you running suexec? Check the suexec log for messages relating to
this error.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax